So I am excited to say it looks like we are having great success with our current situation. We are excited that we have a Bio Mom who is working her case plan and reunification looks to be heading their way. I know once the kids go back we will deeply miss them. We have grown so much with them and they have become apart of our family. I myself am wondering what tips would you have for us on this? How will this affect our situation when they are gone?
Are you interested in a list of homes being sold in your area?
So I came across the Bethany Christian Services and came across some great information about how to become a foster parent and some support that BCS offers. This has great information. The link to the website is: https://www.bethany.org/foster-care
What You Need to Be a Foster Parent
- Be a couple or single adult over the age of 21.
- Have a stable housing situation–you can either rent or own your residence–that provides enough for your foster child to grow.
- Demonstrate positive parenting skills that include patience, stability, maturity and love of children.
- Knowledge of child development is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to work with foster care staff towards achieving identified goals for your foster child.
- A sense of humor and a lot of love!
Support for Foster Parents
Fostering can present challenges as you work towards healing for the child in your care. Bethany recognizes this and provides you with the tools and support you need to help your foster child thrive. This support can include:
- An orientation session
- Training on child development and trauma-informed parenting skills
- Ongoing support from a trained Bethany caseworker
- Foster parent support meetings
- 24-hour crisis intervention services
- Respite care
In addition to these services, Bethany provides you with monthly reimbursement expenses based on the level of care you provide. Medical and dental care for your foster child is paid through your state’s Medicaid program.
As you develop a relationship with your Bethany caseworker, be sure to communicate your educational and support needs so that we can ensure you thrive as a foster parent. We understand that fully-supported foster parents ultimately leads to a more stable and loving environment for the child in your care. Bethany is committed to ensuring that you have what you need to be the best foster parent you can be!
I hope this information helps!
Things to know when I buy a home
Many people wonder where can I go to learn about how to become a foster parent or even to adopt. Here is the link to the website: Georgia Foster Care and Adoption guidelines
Click here for video painting tips to help you on your next project
This is my first blog post ever and I am excited to start this journey. If you look around us there are many children who are suffering, and you may not even realize it. As a parent, I see some of these kids don’t have a voice, either because they are afraid or don’t know how to tell what’s going on in their lives.
It’s very important that we step up and act in helping to protect the children around us. After all, the children are the future, so please help be that voice in their lives today!
Home Owner Tips and DYI Videos to save money
Find a rental home